Where does my money go?
South Anchorage Hockey Association and the Alaska Oilers are a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. However, this does not mean it's not a huge financial commitment to play travel hockey. Over 60% of all expenses go towards covering the expense of renting ice for practices and games. On average, each hour of ice rental in the Municipality of Anchorage is approximately $400.
We are committed to being transparent and providing the highest possible value by delivering an experience that makes youth hockey worth the financial and time commitment. A breakdown of the average team fee is represented below:
- 65% - Facilities
- Ice rentals for games, practices, player, and skill development sessions
- Hockey House Training Facility
- 13% - Coaching
- Stipends to cover coach travel, USA Hockey licensing and education, and background checks
- 10% - Competitions
- Tournament fees and league dues
- 9% - Operations
- Overhead cost of running the program
- 3% - Equipment
- Pucks, coaching bags, training equipment, jerseys & socks, etc.